Taking care of simple maintenance items should definitely be on your “to do” list. Taking care of the obvious maintenance items will give a buyer a sense of confidence that your house has been well cared for and is in good condition. If you ignore doing the small repairs, a buyer may wonder what other repairs and maintenance have also been ignored.
Some maintenance items to pay attention to are:
- leaking faucets
- electrical plugs/lights that do not function properly
- cracked tile/loose grout
- mildewed caulk around bathtub/shower
- broken/cracked window glass
- missing/ripped window screens
- rotted wood
- loose cabinets
- burnt out light bulbs
- dirty furnace filter
- doors that do not open or close properly
- loose door handles
These are all easy and inexpensive to fix and should be done so your house can shine.